The day after I wrote my last chainmail post I had issues. Serious issues. I pretty much gave up after a good hour or two of getting nowhere. Then two days ago I decided to give it another shot. This time around I figured out what I was doing wrong in 20 minutes. Best feeling in the world. After some more fiddling around I feel like I’m back on track and I wanted to share my progress.
This is two hours of work. Granted I did a fair amount of backtracking and tearing up so this is actually pretty good. I also remade my rings to be much smaller. This patch is only about 5 by 3 inches.
The new ring size. I couldn’t compare it with the old size because my brother threw out all my old rings before I could save one. These are tiny in comparison though.
Last pic. A bit of a close-up on the weave. The technique required is more involved than I thought but making this is really easy and relaxing for me once I get into it. I plan on making a coif first.